What does it involve?
Bring awareness to your body and physicality throughout the day as you work on your laptop and use your phone. Try to notice your habitual ways of slumping or slouching and experiment with different chairs, desks or other equipment to bring more ease to your posture.
From batch 3 of our weekly series of Lab Tests
Each week we release two new experiments from the Digital Habit Lab, launching on Kickstarter later this year.
Why do it?
- Notice unusual or unhealthy postural habits and correct them to reduce pain or tension.
- Make it easier to notice if you are breathing in a shallow way, which can lead to stress if left uncorrected.
- By coming back into your body regularly you can reduce the feeling of being spun out or disconnected from your physicality after a longer session working at a screen.
- Increase your energy levels and find different types of posture which suit your different moods.
- Try using an alarm or a timer at regular intervals during the day to remind you to check in with your posture.
- Explore some simple breathing exercises as these can help you quickly develop greater awareness of your body.