What does it involve?
Protect and prolong the natural space and autonomy which you have when you wake by delaying the first moment when you engage with your devices.
From the Digital Habit Lab
A card deck of 50 bite-sized experiments to disrupt your digital habits and take control of your tech, for increased wellbeing, creativity and productivity.
Launching on Kickstarter early 2022.
Why do it?
- Give yourself some space where time moves more slowly and you can dictate what is happening before the day gets away from you.
- Build your capacity to consciously disengage from your tech for specific periods of time in order to focus on what’s important to you.
- Create an opportunity to connect with your physicality, thoughts and emotions on a regular basis as a support to your wellbeing.
How does it work?
- Identify a length of time that you would like to keep tech free in your mornings which pushes your normal habits, but which is also realistic.
- Build in some time the evening before to take care of anything that may require you to use your devices earlier than your planned time.
- Use the time you have to do something to nourish yourself such as sleeping more, going for a walk, reading a book, enjoying a coffee etc.
Identify what you will be using this time for in advance and be as specific as possible. This will greatly increase your chances of sticking to your goal. As much as possible, try to do things that you enjoy but don’t normally have time for. This means that you will go to bed looking forward to your chosen activity and mean that you start the day with a conscious gift to yourself.